Sunday, May 5, 2013

Quite a long time since I've updated...

Summa Cum Laude






















Sorry for such the long wait for an update! I have been busy...graduating college!!! I graduated in December with my Bachelor of Science degree. I graduated Summa Cum Laude, which is amazing considering the long, difficult road it has been due to POTS. But, I made it. Honors and all! I am blessed! I was nominated for Homecoming Queen this past fall too. Although I did not win, I did represent my all-female residence hall as its Homecoming Queen! It was such an honor!

Not only did I graduate, but I also went to Dallas, Texas to the POTS Treatment Center in late February and again in April. It was an amazing experience!! Two weeks of following the program and training, and I was able to feel 75% better!!

I was nominated for Homecoming Queen too!
Because of the second time I went to Dallas, and the home portion of the program, I feel about 85% better now! I am not really POTSy anymore!!!! When I stand up, my heart rate is about 98 bpm, compared to the 165 bpm from the past!! It seems like magic! Through biofeedback, diet, exercise, supplements, and reduced medications, I am able to function close to a "normal" person! I can even rigorously exercise for 45 minutes a day! The team at the POTS Treatment Center are certainly angels! They gave me tools so that I can get my life back! 

I am hoping to decrease more of my medications in the next few months! I am also in the process of applying to graduate school to pursue a degree in neuroscience. I have started applying to summer jobs too! That is something I did not think I would be saying last year :) I'm so glad to be feeling so much better!!!!


Check out my video testimonials of the POTS Treatment Center at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIpw11zx8lI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KkLitrN0CM


No comments:

Post a Comment