Sunday, June 26, 2011

No More Beta Blockers!

Well it has been a few weeks since I've been at Mayo and I have already stopped taking Nadolol, which is a beta-blocker. It helps to control my heart and such. I couldn't take that medication when I had my tilt-table test done at Mayo and when I saw my doctor, he said I don't need to take it ever again :) And I don't see much of a change. Occasionally I am more fatigued or have random heart palpitations, but nowhere near what I had expected would happen without having the medication.

Now that I'm off of the Nadolol, I am in the process of weaning off of the Midodrine. This medication has been very effective in the past so I was nervous when my doctor said this was the next medication to get off of. It has been over a week now that I have cut the dose in half. I used to take 10 mg three times a day. Now I am only taking 5 mg. I do feel a little different, but nothing drastic. I do feel fatigued at times. I do get some brain fogging sometimes too. But I am very functional. I can do so much. I never would have expected to be able to do the things I am doing. I was able to go clothes shopping the day I cut the dose in half. I was able to play ping-pong with my family for well over a half hour on several days this week. I can even drive! It is amazing to me that my body truly is recovering. I don't need to take so many medications anymore. I'm just so lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment