Monday, January 16, 2012

Yeah I'm still there...

Even with a medical condition like POTS, I'm still here. I'm still me. I can do whatever I want to. I can achieve anything I want to. Sure there are plenty of limitations with what I can do, but I can still do things I want to. If I push through the pain, force my fatigued body to get up, then I can go to college, get straight A's, be involved in multiple organizations, and take part in hobbies. It takes a heck of a lot to push through the pain and fatigue and brain fogginess, but I can do it. It is possible.

Just as Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 


POTS may be tough to live with, but I know that no matter what, I can achieve anything I want to. 


Being up at the Mayo Clinic was frustrating, but at least I have an answer as to why my symptoms were getting out of control last semester...I am officially NOT in recovery anymore. My POTS has relapsed. There is no way to truly explain why it happened, but it did. Now I am back on the Nadolol, and possibly the Midodrine again within the next few weeks. I still am very very fatigued and brain fogged. The generalized pain is alright, definitely tolerable, but not unnoticeable. I tend to have more headaches that are annoying at times and get pretty dizzy because of the Nadolol's effect of slowing down my heart rate. But, it should get better. I should be feeling better soon! I am just very thankful that I have a wonderful support system and understanding professors! That makes everything so much easier! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, you are the strongest person I know!! I can't wait until you are feeling better and able to do what you want to do without pain and other POTS symptoms!! You are SO AMAZING!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete